VLAN Tagging and Vanity Naming in Solaris 11 troy's unix
Hi Reggie n P, I tried both the things. But after rebooting, my server goes out off the = network. Then one of my senior has changed switch setting to Auto.... How can I set up and configure a network aggregation under Solaris 10 and Solaris 11? ANSWER All interfaces in the aggregation must run at the same speed and in full duplex mode. To set up an aggregation using dladm, the basics steps are:-
How to Check Interface Duplex and Speed Using ndd/kstat on
What Are Full Duplex and Half Duplex? Full duplex means that the computer can send and receive data simultaneously - there are two separate data channels (one coming in, one going out). Half duplex means that the computer cannot send or receive data at the same time.... This advises nicstat the interfaceis half-duplex or full-duplex. The Linux version now calculates %Util the same way as the Solaris version. Added a script, enicstat , which uses ethtool to getspeeds and duplex modes for all interfaces, then calls nicstat with an appropriate -S value.
How to Configure an IP address on a Network Interface in
Use the ndd command to check or set network interface configurables. Some of the more important settings, as the relate to speed and duplex, are as follows: ndd variable values Description link_status 0/1 read only 0 = link up, 1 = link down link_speed 0/1 read only 0 = 10 meg, 1 = 100 meg link_mode how to use adobe after effects cc On a newly installed Solaris 11.2, new users get their homedir automounted but I do not want this, I prefer to create them locally and statically.
Unix Troubleshooting Simple way Solaris 11
Set global environment variables at boot in Solaris 11. Ask Question 2. I am wanting to create a file in Solaris, so that I can export a few "items" whenever the machine is started up. how to set parental controls on iphone 4 In this post we are going to see how to allow root direct login on console in Solaris 11. As we all know, Solaris 11 having a restriction As we all know, Solaris 11 having a restriction How to use SETUID SETGID and Stickybit Permissions
How long can it take?
change to 1000MB full duplex for Solaris 8910
- Changing up ethernet speed duplex mode in Solaris
- Howto disable the autohome feature in Solaris 11
- Solaris 11 Network Administration / Link Aggregation
- urgent how to change the nic speed from 100 half to
How To Set Full Duplex In Solaris 11
Here are some commands to create a basic network configuration on Solaris 11. First of all, the physical network service must be started and the network automagic (nwam) service has to be stopped (for information, nwam is a new solaris 11 service that automates network configuration).
- In this post, I will explain to you, how to set a Solaris machine NIS domain name on Solaris 11 operatings system. If domainname command not showing any output then you need to check either defaultdomain or NIS domain is configured or not.
- A solaris system can have single NIC or multiple nic and interface name can be ce, hme, bge, e1000g ,qfe etc. depending on the card used. For making interface change identify the interface name using ifconfig -a command and then apply following method to change nic speed in Solaris, read along for making these changes.
- Automated network configuration is managed by a Solaris service called "nwam" or "Network Auto Magic". The nawm service is turned on by default, and must be disabled before you manually make changes to the settings for static IP addresses.
- #dladm show-dev e1000g0 link: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full e1000g1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full e1000g2 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full i tried to refresh it by execute svcadm refresh network/physical and rebooted the machine but the link speed is still persist. the network switch side is set to auto neg. thanks.